Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Seattle Wedding

We're getting ready for a nice family wedding near Seattle this weekend

It's been chilly here so I installed a gas fireplace. It was my first adventure working with natural gas. (no jokes please) I had to get a special cut of piping made so that it would fit. I went to Lowes and they did it for FREE! It was quite amazing watching the worker cut the pipe and then thread it.

I saw Nacho Libre the other night - uhh ouch

I'm getting ready for my MS band individual competition. I can't wait!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy Seattle... it's one of my favorite places to visit!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Wow! Quite the handyman! Since you're so good with pipes, can you tell me how to un-freeze my third valve on my French horn?? I've tried everything I can think of, including a few things that I would never admit to a band teacher or repairman. :)

9:42 AM  
Blogger jimmy said...

pull out the slides and drop oil towards the valves. then cover pliers with rubber and turn the valve at the strongest point good luck!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would make one change to your directions. It worked much better for me to use an adjustable wrench (monkey wrench) since the monkey wrench didn't have teeth. I tok the valave apart to get down to the actual axis (where it's mostly square and one side is rounded) and used the monkey wrench on that. It took a little convincing of the valve, but it now works! Thanks for the advice and giving me the confidence to do it myself!!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home